The KLA Series is comprised of two models, the KLA12 12-inch, 2-way loudspeaker and the KLA181 18-inch subwoofer. The KLA12 features a highly efficient 500 watt by 500 watt power amp module and the KLA181 offers the same highly efficient power amp module in a 1,000 watt configuration. This efficient design enables up to five KLA models (any combination of KLA12 and KLA181) to be driven off of a single 15 amp, 120 volt electrical circuit.
KLA loudspeakers incorporate QSC's DEEP™ DSP algorithm - providing extended bass response by actively managing potentially damaging low-frequency transients - and GuardRail™ circuitry protection which prevents the amplifier module from unnatural and destructive clipping.
As an energy saving feature, the Auto Standby mode automatically engages after five minutes of inactivity but upon resumption of audio signal, the power module on the KLA will awaken instantly for immediate output.
In an installed application, multiple KLA Series loudspeakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot wired to the on-board Phoenix-style connector. Additional power module characteristics on KLA include a balanced, line-level XLR input in parallel with an XLR "Thru" connector, PowerCon™ In and Thru connectors, Attenuation Control and LED indicators for Signal, Limit, Power and Standby status.
- 500 W + 500 W power module
- Rugged, ABS enclosure delivers light-weight durability
- SOLO™ Rigging System supports deployment without tools or external hardware
- Ar-Q™ Frequency Optimization quickly tunes the array with the click of a dial, adjusting for the appropriate number of boxes
- 10:1 design factor supports arrays of up to 480 lbs. (218 kg) 5 × KLA12 and 2 × KLA181
- 90° × 18° nominal coverage (requires only five boxes to configure a 90° x 90° array)
- High power, 12-inch low frequency driver provides extension down to 44Hz without subwoofers
- Extensive DSP further enhances and protects performance
- 1.75-inch diaphragm compression driver delivers clear and powerful high-frequency reproduction
- powerCON® Input and Thru connections
- Tilt-Direct™ pole mount assists directivity in single-unit applications
All specifications are subject to change without notice.
PowerCON is a trademark of Neutrik. All other trademarks are QSC LLC.